Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.antiques.radio+phono

Default Why should someone replace ALL the capacitors on old Tubeequipment?

Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

Have you tried Software Defined Radio? Free software and under $10
for the USB based hardware will get you started.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182111674573

DVB-T-DAB-FM-RTL2832U-R820T-Tuner-Mini-USB-RTL-SDR-ADS-B-Receiver-Stick-DH-/

I have been playing with them for about 2 years. They seem to work very
well and depending on the one you actually use, they go from about 25
MHz to 2 GHz. The sensitivity for them is about 1/2 of a microvolt for
FM. The things that can be done and free software is amazing to me.

The do all the common modes of ssb, am,fm, cw, and some other things
such as decoding pagers and even the transponders on airplanes.

Here is a link to some more info on them.

http://www.rtl-sdr.com/about-rtl-sdr/

Look for some software called sd sharp while you are at it.

That is the software that I'm using, and I've had the hardware since
2014.

--
Never **** off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.