Posted to alt.home.repair
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default American mailboxes

Bod wrote:
On 14/02/2017 16:54, Joe Jones wrote:
On Tue, 14 Feb 2017 11:01:33 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote in

Per James Wilkinson Sword:
I was just watching an American film and thought, "Why don't kids
steal everyone's mail?"

Theft from mailboxes happens but, here in the suburbs of
Philadelphia, it's rare.

When I visited relatives in the UK about 10 years ago, I was
surprised at the high level of perceived residential theft risk:
bars on windows, my cousin's husband felt the need to chain his
bike even when it was inside of their locked garage, and
so-on-and-so-forth. Ditto Germany.

That's whey Muslims love to go to the UK and KrautLand. The fit
right in.

Most of the UK is *not* like that. Where I live I don't even bother to
lock the car up and have even left the front door wide open on hot
summer days many times whilst we went shopping for an hour or so.

Would you tell an insurance company that?
Thought not.
Pillock.