Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default American mailboxes

On Tue, 14 Feb 2017 20:41:41 -0000, Frank "frank wrote:

On Tue, 14 Feb 2017 18:42:34 -0000, Mike Duffy wrote:

On Tue, 14 Feb 2017 18:04:17 +0000, Bod wrote:

Where I live I [...] have even left the front door wide open on hot
summer days many times whilst we went shopping for an hour or so.

Are you not worried at least about animals? (Cats, dogs, mice, rats,
raccoons, skunks, pigeons, snakes, mosquitos, wasps, crickets, ants,
etc.)

Cats are harmless, dogs don't tend to wander off form their owners, the
smaller ones could go through windows anyway.

Years ago neighbor had a cat door and his son came down one morning to
see a raccoon eating cat food. Rabies is endemic here and he was lucky
it was not rabid.

I had an open garage door and neighbors dog chewed up one of my boots.
Birds would often try to nest in the garage and a few times I shut to
door to find a bird trapped in the garage.

We don't have a rabies problem, and I certainly wouldn't mind birds nesting. Some birds like swallows particularly like doing that sort of thing.

--
What are the "Man's Three Rules When Getting Old?"
Never pass a bathroom, don't waste a hard-on, and never trust a fart.