Posted to alt.home.repair

Default American mailboxes

ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Monday, February 13, 2017 at 9:51:29 PM UTC-6, James Wilkinson
Sword wrote:

On Tue, 14 Feb 2017 02:30:58 -0000, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

There isn't delivery to individual houses.
There might also be a post there with signs pointing to the
individual ranches.
Each sign would be a single board cut to make an arrow. It might
say something
like Too Poor Ranch 12 miles.

What happens if you get a parcel delivered that's quite large?

I guess they come to your door to deliver or you make arrangements
to pick up your package at the nearest town.

My mail carrier comes down the driveway and hand delivers it , or leaves
it in a designated place at the front of the shop . A jar of (our bees')
honey , a half-pint of jam , a couple of minutes of conversation , Aaron has
become a good friend too .
--
Snag