Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default American mailboxes

On Mon, 13 Feb 2017 20:07:55 -0500, Frank "frank wrote:

I was just watching an American film and thought, "Why don't kids steal
everyone's mail?" In the UK, most people have the mailbox INSIDE the
house (or simply a letterbox opening in the front door). Surely kids
are tempted to nick American mail, especially as it's right on the street.

There are mailboxes on doors here too but single family homes on larger
lots will have their mailbox outside on the street. Mail-carriers drive
vehicles with steering wheels on the right (since we drive on the right,
normal are on the left) and drop off mail without leaving vehicle.

Brits don't know how Americans get Air Mail in the Everglades.

https://tinyurl.com/z9jjkgz

Or Alaska https://tinyurl.com/hbshtrm