Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Is there any way to adjust this?

On Monday, February 13, 2017 at 10:37:04 AM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Only thing I relly can think of back in the good old days that was
better was there was very little crime.

Actually not. Today, reporting crime is ubiquitous. Little is or can be covered up. Back in the day, pederasty, pedophilia, rape, abduction, domestic violence, and much much more was simply covered up, not reported or entirely ignored.

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm

Some of the statistics that would be comparable - as often reported 'then' as 'now' are actually down significantly. Keep in mind that everything that happened in the Clergy scandals would, today, be classified as Forcible Rape. Keep in mind that not so long ago, a husband could legally force his wife to have sex. Today, that is forcible rape. And so on, and so forth.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...us-since-1950/

We did not have CNN, Fox, and "if it bleeds it leads" was not the mantra of every news organization worldwide. We had the New York Daily News for the bleeders - but pretty much the nasty stuff was carefully brushed under the rug. Walter Cronkite and Huntley-Brinkley were the norm.

Peter Wieck