Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Is there any way to adjust this?

In article ,
says...

In the old days I had a TV shop, the rent for 3,500 square feet was
$350 IIRC, the elctric bill was low, and beer was like two bucks a
sixpack. Gas was cheap, food was cheap.

I was born in 1950 and remember much from those days. I would not want
to go back . Things were inexpensive that people had to have, other
things not so much.

YOU should remember the TV sets. Many homes had a black and white, but
few color sets. Now many have one in most of the bed rooms and a very
large one in the main room. Cars always needed something done to it.
now a oil change every 5000 miles is about all to 50,000 or 100,000
miles. Many only had one car and as you said it was almost a junker.
Most now have a car for almost every driver in the family and no junkers
either. Cloths dryers were not in many homes to around the late 60's.
Homes had a telephone and some were even on party lines. Now many
people have their own cell phone.

Only thing I relly can think of back in the good old days that was
better was there was very little crime.