Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default VOIP System: Often when I call out and called party picks up, I get busy signal.

I think he meneans that the bt landline infrastructure of charging calls and
use of their old wired telephone system is not in play, its over the same
lines as the internet, if that be bt, but not the charging. The snag is that
they rush you line rental anyway, but at least the call charges are
separate.
Unfortunately as I said before in this thread, the dialling of numbers over
services like Voonage etc, seems to be less robust than a directly connected
telephone system. I know this is I'd used it for some time but had to get
off due to wrong numbers and the inability of a tone dialling memory pad
when used on the microphone which worked 100 percent on the virgin telephone
connect3ed directly.

There were also distortion compression and echo delay issues that made it
almost unusable.
So Voip is a nice idea, but seldom seems robust enough.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Davey" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 10 Feb 2017 09:50:16 +0000
tony sayer wrote:

No frickin BT involvement:-)

If you use Voip over ADSL, or even FTTC, then you are using your BT
wires or fibre. If you have TalkTalk or Zen or phonesRus as your phone
supplier, then you are using the same BT wires. So why does Voip mean
'no fricking BT involvement'?
Only by using a non-BT system, such as Virgin, would this be possible.

If I'm wrong, please explain.

--
Davey.