Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkenson Swallows James Wilkenson Swallows is offline

Default Battery drain

On 02/11/2017 10:44 PM, Jessie wrote:
Hey I got a new radio for Christmas after 3 days of installing my car
died...we jumped it off and ran just fine that day...over night it
died...got
a new battery replaced n fix the wiring on the radio...car ran fine
until a
few days ago...same problem it dies within a 8 hours period...the
alternater
has been recently replaced n when I unhook the cable it runs...now
it's at the
mechanics and they even unhook the radio n the car still dies over
night...it's an Infiniti qx4 2001...I've had the car for 3yrs n the
problem
started with aftermarket radio...any ideas

A good mechanic has a device similar to this they can use to check the
current through each circuit at the fuse panel.

https://www.amazon.com/ESI-304B-Fuse.../dp/B0013G2AI0