Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Is 80gms paper getting thinner?

On Sunday, 12 February 2017 20:41:26 UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
pamela wrote:
On 20:14 12 Feb 2017, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
pamela wrote:
On 19:53 12 Feb 2017, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
tabbypurr wrote:
On Sunday, 12 February 2017 16:50:18 UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:

What is a decent weight for everyday inkjet text printing?
Nothing too posh is required.

75 or 80gsm

NT

Taa.
I do very little printing and had run out of the paper I
bought nearly 10 years ago. I had bought quite a lot.
Soooooooooo, whilst in some Pound shop ages ago I bought some.
The print quality was utter crap even after I did all the
things I supposed to do with the printer.
The printer is ancient ----------- was it the printer or the
paper? Has to be the paper, there is no weight on the
packaging.

Poor quality printer ink will spread out more and produce less
distinct lettering.

The ink is okay.
I omitted to mention that I used the ink and printer on my last
few sheets of decent paper. It was fine

I'm surprised that you do so little printing that you can manage with
an ancient printer and 10 year stockpile of paper. I print a lot
including articles or web pages that I find too tiring to read on
screen. I go through loads of paper.

The original £350 HP printer packed in ages ago, I was given a Epson Stylus
R300 which came with ink carts, exempt the black which was of course was
empty on the printer.
Got some online and the printer printed fine on the last sheets of decent
paper.

You forgot to tell us what the problem was, but generally inkjet should print onto any paper. Lasers can suffer dropouts due to conductive patches in recycled paper.

NT