Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Battery drain

On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 9:00:54 PM UTC-5, Mike Duffy wrote:
On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 16:33:28 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03 wrote:

I had an LX for a while, until Mother Nature convinced me to upgrade.

http://i.imgur.com/aqbXjIu.jpg

From the picture, it does not look like a total loss. I'm guessing that the
driver's 'post' is out of position and thus the whole car would not be safe
during a mobile accident.

And I'm a bit curious about the texture of the driver's window. Is it
fractured but with the pieces remaining integrated?

The tree hit the roof just above the driver's side of the windshield and then slid
down to the hood. The initial impact pushed the driver's door towards the rear. It
"opened" enough to overlap the slider by about a half inch. If you look at the top
of the seam between the 2 doors you'll see that the driver's door is slightly lower
than the slider. You can also see the gap at the lower front corner of the door.

If you saw the van after the tree was removed, you'd see the impression of the top
of the strut tower in the hood. It didn't quite punch through, but it was close.

Yes, the windshield was cracked, but intact.

Tip: Don't ever accept the first offer from the ins co. They offered me $3300. I said no.
Less than 24 hours later they came back with an offer of $5200. That was acceptable.