Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Battery drain

On 02/12/2017 10:09 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 9:44:06 PM UTC-6, Jessie wrote:
Hey I got a new radio for Christmas after 3 days of installing my car
died...we jumped it off and ran just fine that day...over night it died...got
a new battery replaced n fix the wiring on the radio...car ran fine until a
few days ago...same problem it dies within a 8 hours period...the alternater
has been recently replaced n when I unhook the cable it runs...now it's at the
mechanics and they even unhook the radio n the car still dies over
night...it's an Infiniti qx4 2001...I've had the car for 3yrs n the problem
started with aftermarket radio...any ideas
--

Was any part of your new stereo put in the glove box or behind it? Did the installer remove the glove box door or interior to access the space and wiring behind the glove box? It's possible that your glove box light is staying on because some action by the installers knocked it and the glove box door out of alignment. You could get in the car at night and with the overhead lights off, look around the glove box to see if there is any light. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Box Monster

Doggone it. The other day I yelled at you for making what I thought was
a stupid political post and now you made one much smarter than the one I
made about checking the trunk light ...because the glove box is way more
likely...so now that you have made me look like an idiot (which is not
all that hard) could you kindly go back to making stupid political posts?