Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Is there any way to adjust this?

In article ,
says...

I had one that would not zero on any range, they said don't even bother to send it back, they just sent a new one. Throwaway test equipment, ever thought you'd see it ?

But then a $300 guitar can be throwaway as well, really. My buddy bought an Ibanez acoustic with the electronic pickups. Sounded great actually, like a miced guitar and not much feedback. But the electronics quite. He calls and they gave him a full refund and said not to even bother sending it back. I bought it thinking maybe I would fix the pickup but never got to it, so I have me a decent acoustic. And that

prick made $100 off of me. It does play really well though. He should have sold it to me for $50 though. But really, I started taking that guitar apart and the way they put the pickup in pretty much precluded any type of repairs. I swear, it should be illegal for electronics manufacturers to be in possession of any type of glue, and I mean death by slow torture for thee board of directors.

Most anything under $ 500 is a throw away now unless you can fix it
yourself. With companies charging $ 50 to $ 100 per hour labor, the
cost to ship it back, especially if it is big or heavy, all tht ammounts
up fast. Sort of like the socket sets from 40 years ago with the
lifetime warrenty. The whole set was about $ 5. If you sent the broken
part back and $ 4.50 for retrun postage and handling, they would send
you a replacement for the broken part.