Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Low voltage lighting in 18th edition?

No but I'd often wondered why the combined brains of the world could not
come up with a better lampholder design than ES or BC, one that does not
leave the contacts directly exposed when no bulb is present.
I'm sure there were many such designs proposed back when tomorrows World
was on the telly.
When I was young my gran had an electric iron that had a BC male connector
on it to plug into a lamp socket. so we have come a long way since then, or
have we?
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"David Lang" wrote in message
Same bloke in TLC Direct in the lamp holder post, reckoned that the 18th
edition will specify that all new lighting installations after a certain
date will have to be low voltage.

Anyone heard this?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman