Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Outside light query

On 10/02/2017 22:39, Huge wrote:
On 2017-02-10, ARW wrote:
On 10/02/2017 12:55, Huge wrote:

The spiders get in anyway. I have no idea how.

(Over the last few weeks I have dismantled all the outside electrics
in the so-far fruitless search for the nuisance RCD trips, and they
all had spiders in them. Even the IP44 junction boxes.)

Have you still not done the divide and conquer by fitting RCBOs?

Can't bring myself to spend that amount of money with no guarantee of
improving matters. Haven't had one for a couple of weeks now, after
taking the feed to the Klargester & workshop out of circuit.

Fair enough.

BTW RCDs are like women - they are both over sensitive and will not
tell you why they turned off

--
Adam