Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony Blu-Ray Player issue FIXED!!!

On Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 4:51:10 PM UTC+11, Phoena Greene wrote:
I had purchased a Sony Blu Ray player a few months ago so I can stream Hulu
and Youtube Videos on my Plasma TV. Recently my player would freeze randomly
during Youtube videos which required unplugging the player and plugging it
back in. Hulu had several issues -- mainly would not start stream TV shows
(playback error), would not find my account (Authentication Error) and
often, pausing a show on Hulu would cause the player to freeze, also
resulting in having to unplug the power supply and plug it back in. Then it
would reset itself about once a week, then after a while it was resetting
itself twice a day. It would forget my login information for Hulu and
Youtube, and it would require the wifi password to be set up again. I told
sony about this, they told me to unplug it for one minute and plug it in a
wall socket (no surge protector or power strip). It seemed to fix the
problem for about a week. Then it went back to its old ways.

Today I got a letter from my Cable Company giving me a really good deal on
cable for 1 year. They made me an offer I can not refuse. Since I bought the
wretched Sony for cable cutting purposes I figured it's time to put this
asshole out of its misery. I put the Sony in the sink and plugged it in and
turned on the water and when I confirmed it was dead I fixed it with a
hammer. About ten smashes and it looked like a Hyundai totaled in a drunk
driving accident.

Rest in pieces, Sony blu Ray Player.

** ROTFLMAO

Thanks for that one !!