Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default VOIP System: Often when I call out and called party picks up, I get busy signal.

In article , Brian Gaff
scribeth thus
Don't get me started on Voip. The bandwidth and compression often is so bad
a tone dialer never works via a microphone any more.Its probably picking up
the wrong number.
Until these companies do things so it sounds as good as a normal line they
can stuff it.
Brian

Beg to differ Brian. We use VoIPfone here and have done so for around 5
years now and no problems Two companies I'm associated with use Gradwell
and voip.co.uk and there're fine too, excellent call quality.

And best of all?.

No frickin BT involvement:-)

However your tone dialler may well be a problem due to the Vocoder in
use, can't you use the normal DTMF keyboard?..
--
Tony Sayer