Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] russellseaton1@yahoo.com is offline

Default Not looking good for the Bosch Reaxx TS

On Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 2:50:59 PM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/9/2017 2:35 PM, wrote:

The issue is not Gass making money. The issue is Gass' rent-seeking.

Not sure what "rent-seeking" means.

noun
1.
the fact or practice of manipulating public policy or economic
conditions as a strategy for increasing profits.
"cronyism and rent-seeking have become an integral part of the way our
biggest companies do business"
adjective
1.
engaging in or involving the manipulation of public policy or economic
conditions as a strategy for increasing profits.
"rent-seeking lobbyists"

I can understand the manipulating public policy. Public policy meaning government rules and regulations and laws. Lobbyists do this. Not sure what economic conditions anyone can manipulate. Can you influence interest rates? GDP? Trade deficits? Government deficits or surplus? I suppose you can influence demand with advertising. And influence supply with the government laws to outlaw all competitor products from being sold.