Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Not looking good for the Bosch Reaxx TS

On Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 7:59:49 PM UTC-5, J. Clarke wrote:
In article 9a508518-ed4e-44ed-ab22-
,
says...

On Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 5:38:20 PM UTC-5, J. Clarke wrote:
In article abcadb55-9a41-4a69-bb74-f991ea42fa73
@googlegroups.com,
says...

On Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 9:35:05 PM UTC-5, J. Clarke wrote:
In article bf2808e1-6340-44e8-800e-f0585fa92f44
@googlegroups.com,
says...

On Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 2:37:36 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/8/2017 1:07 PM, woodchucker wrote:

The man offered all the companies the licensing rights. none took him up
on it.

I don't begrudge him. You do.. that's your problem.

Maybe. I have no idea of the terms he wanted. Over the years so
patents were offered free of royalty because they had the potential to
save lives. Being a generous sort of guy, I once offered a meal to a
starving homeless person for only $30.
http://jalopnik.com/volvo-gave-away-...ave-1069825878

That gesture was over half a century ago. I'm curious as to whether Volvo would be so
quick to give away their City Safety technology today.

I have no idea how it compares with other auto-braking technologies out there, but that's
not the point. In an apples-to-apples modern day comparison, do you know if Volvo is giving
away what they call their "in-house developed unique technology for avoiding low-speed
collisions"? I don't think they are, so why not use that as a comparable to the Saw-Stop
situation instead of a 50+ year old gesture?

When you say "Volvo" you mean "Zhejiang Geely
Holding Group". Volvo ceased to exist as an
indpendent company in 1999.

How is it that you know what *I* meant? Are you a mind reader?

In any case...

From: http://www.volvocars.com/intl/about/...ge/innovations

Copyright © 2017 Volvo Car Corporation (or its affiliates or licensors).

2008 ? City Safety

"Here are some amazing statistics ? 75% of all reported collisions take
place at speeds of up to 30km/h and in 50% of rear-enders, the driver
behind hasn?t braked at all. We saw an opportunity to make a great
difference ? our City Safety system uses laser detection to work out
whether a collision with the car in front is likely, and if the driver
doesn?t brake, the car will do it. And the system works up to 50km/h."

Hint: I don't really care who the parent company of Volvo Cars is. When I
said Volvo, I meant Volvo.

http://www.volvocars.com/intl/about/...ancial-results

Believe that the Chinese ownership makes no
difference in decisionmaking if you want to.
You probably think that Ford didn't exert any
control either.

Your problem is that you don't get the point of my post.

Moving on.

I do get the point of your post, which is that
the world has changed so that Volvo would not
have made the same decision now that they did
with regard to three point seat belts.

My point is that it is not the world that has
changed, it is Volvo, which has gone through two
changes of ownership since the seat belt
decision was made.

Close, but no cigar. Nice try.