Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Building houses that can withstand any tornadoes?

On Thu, 09 Feb 2017 13:27:50 -0500, wrote:

Also, As I noted 100% out of the realm of "financiallt feasible" for
most people

I think you might find the shell of a tornado proof house might only
be about 50% more than a regular home.
(reinforced concrete on all 6 sides), If you used ICF walls insulation
would not be a problem and use a girder roof structure like commercial
buildings with a poured concrete roof. Your weakness is the
penetrations but we are seeing very capable impact windows and if you
backed that up with 200 MPH hurricane shutters your protection would
be up in the F4 category. The latter being a big part of the extra
cost.