Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Not looking good for the Bosch Reaxx TS

On 2/8/2017 11:05 PM, wrote:

Like I said, MAYBE. We don't know the terms. Sure, he invested in the
technology and should have some return. It may have been $2 a unit, it
may have been $800 a unit. In life we are faced with a myriad of
circumstances and we have a choice as what to do. Our choice can make
us a hero or a schmuck. I don't know where he falls.

Ryobi in Jan 2002 balked at a 3% royalty at the wholesale level
with no upfront fees. I'd call that a pretty fair deal.
That would have given them all the engineering and the right to use it
- on ANY saw they produced

3% at the wholesale level translates to 6% at the retail level. This is
added to a saw that now costs more to manufacture with the new
technology. It may be enough to take it out of the intended market for
Ryobi tools. I don't know. GM offers Chevy and Cadillac for a reason. .