Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding,sci.electronics.repair
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Miller aerowave not working, amps set to HIGH value and cannotchange

On Thu, 09 Feb 2017 01:53:35 -0600
Ignoramus19737 wrote:

My coworker has a Miller Aerowave TIG welder. It did work
previously. Now it does not work. The amps display shows a very HIGH
number that cannot be adjusted with amperage knob. It does weld at
that extremely high setting and melts welding rods.

I have some pictures of the welder and board LEDs at:

https://www.machinerymoverschicago.c...elder-Problem/

Would anyone suggest a solution? Also does anyone know a good welder
repair shop on the Chicago area? Thanks

Might be something related to the foot-switch? Not sure how they work
together with the knob settings...

Have you downloaded the owners manual:

https://www.millerwelds.com/files/ow.../O319H_MIL.pdf

Looks like a nightmare inside without the full tech manual to guide you
around. Much more complicated than the Millermatic I'm trying to
repair...

I see you found the Miller Forum. Nobody has jumped forward to help you
so far but it hasn't been up long. You might get a tech manual from
that site if you ask nicely

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b