Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Not looking good for the Bosch Reaxx TS

On 2/8/2017 5:22 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 4:40:20 PM UTC-6, Leon wrote:

The man offered all the companies the licensing rights. none took
him up

The other companies were betting against this getting off the
ground and lost, lost really big. One was about to pull the
trigger to get the license and got cold feet. I would imagine that
the cost was not too much for them but probably pulled out when
every one else looked the other way. I bet they are kicking
themselves in the butt now.

Either way the patents will run out sooner than later.

Not sure they are kicking themselves or not. Any competent company
looked at the cost for the license, cost for the extra
material/technology to build the saw, and did some kind of estimate
for potential sales and/or gains from having the SawStop on their
saws. They decided it did not make economic sense to buy the SawStop
license because the return/profit would not be enough.

Well you are close to correct. Any competent company would look into
all of this prior to starting the process. They would not have been
close to committing had the figures not already been considered.

SawStop is a going concern now. But no one knows how much money the
company is making.

Actually most manufactures and retail sales stores know exactly how many
are being sold. That is where I got my information.

Total number of SawStops sold and total of all table saws sold. New
and used.

Only New are being compared. No manufacturer sells used equipment that