Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_17_] Danny D.[_17_] is offline

Default Not huckleberries but how to peel boiled chestnuts at home?

On Mon, 6 Feb 2017 15:08:24 -0500, Tekkie? wrote:

Thanks for the laugh Danny-I didn't mean it to be at your expense-a Klystron
is a radio transmitting tube while a magnetron is what you were referring
to.

Ah. I stand corrected. And embarrassed!
It's all good though, as you can *always* correct me because I (sometimes)
learn that way.

Meanwhile, I'm dealing (like everyone else) with mudslides closing *every*
road in the area, flipping cars, tumbling houses, ... it's all good!
http://www.ksbw.com/article/highway-...slides/8689638
http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/02/0...ach-direction/
http://www.ktvu.com/news/234452465-story

It's the fourth time this year that they closed the entire highway, the
last few due to mudslides, bank robbers, PG&E power lines down, etc.

The power went off for 4 days, 2 days, 1 day, etc. (the power out here is
like we're in a third-world country). Luckily we all have large (1,000
gallon) propane tanks, where even a 20KW generator (which is average,
although mine is less than half that size and it still works just fine)
drinks up the propane at a couple gallons an hour.

It's all good this pineapple express "river of rain".

What I can't stand are those idiotically sophomoric Caltrans highway signs
constantly telling us to conserve water!

http://www.mercurynews.com/wp-conten...de-0110-04.jpg
https://cbssanfran.files.wordpress.c...7-mudslide.jpg
http://media.nbcbayarea.com/images/1...17Mudslide.JPG
http://media.nbcbayarea.com/images/1...7-mudslide.jpg