Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Vizio spying

On Tue, 7 Feb 2017 19:52:58 -0600, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 02/07/2017 01:04 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 7 Feb 2017 13:35:50 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

[snip]

I guess you would not want a Nielsen box on your TV either. :-)

I've never been sent one, but several times I've gotten their TV
diaries. I don't even try to fill those out anymore. One reason is I
use a DVR, so about 99.5% of what I watch wasn't "on" at the same time.

"On January 2 at 9:37 AM to 9:59 AM and at 6:22 PM to 6:57 PM I watched
a 1 hour show that was originally on SyFy at 2AM on December 21,
skipping 2 commercials that were too offensive and 1 that was really
boring.". How would I put THAT in that diary, even if I remembered all
those details.

BTW, I'm still watching Christmas movies.

[snip]

When you were using your RTV you never saw the commercials anyway and
that really what they were selling '-)