Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default Vizio spying

On Tue, 07 Feb 2017 21:54:33 -0000, wrote:

On Tue, 07 Feb 2017 21:16:23 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Tue, 07 Feb 2017 21:11:54 -0000, wrote:

On Tue, 07 Feb 2017 20:50:25 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Tue, 07 Feb 2017 19:06:06 -0000, wrote:

On Tue, 7 Feb 2017 18:44:06 -0500, George
wrote:

On 2/7/2017 12:20 PM, Corporate Tool wrote:
.
If you don't want to be tracked you better sell your PC, your cell
phone, your credit cards and your toll transponders. Then it will
mostly just be the government and people with access to those records.
Most are public information.

Yah, there's nothing about privacy in the Constitution.

Besides, little people don't deserve privacy. It's important for corporations to know their every move. Maybe the corporate overlords will get the HIPAA law repealed as well?

God bless the capitalists of the United States of America. Cha-ching!

I am just saying that anyone who still thinks they have any privacy is
either very deluded or they are Amish.

From one of your other posts in this thread: "When your TV turns on the audio capture and front side camera"

You think that's ok? That's like sneaking into someone's house and hiding in the attic to listen in on their private conversations. A jailable offence, no?

I think you will find that is hackers and they should be shot.

Agreed. So what was Vizio doing?

The best I can tell they were just recording your viewing habits. That
is what TiVo uses as a selling point and what Nielsen does for a
living. It really has more to do with how much they can sell ads for
than actually spying on you.

So why are they in trouble? Sky TV do that all the time in the UK.

--
I took my Biology exam last Friday. I was asked to name two things commonly found in cells. Apparently "Blacks" and "Scousers" were not the correct answers.