Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Switchable Wall Outlet

On Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 6:42:57 AM UTC-5, Diesel wrote:
trader_4
Mon, 06
Feb 2017 16:02:10 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On Monday, February 6, 2017 at 7:31:25 AM UTC-5, Diesel wrote:

So, I wouldn't be surprised that there isn't much difference in
power with a smart PC.

Umm... There's a considerable amount of difference. You're
comparing a dedicated device with limited hardware specifically
for that purpose (the tv) to something else that can be
configured to do thousands of different things and has oodles
more processor power as well as storage space (which your tv
itself isn't likely to be using a mechanical hard disk, if it has
what you'd call a hard disk at all)

Say what? AFAIK, typical smart TV doesn't have a hard drive. And
the vast majority of people aren't using the smart capability for
PC replacement, they are using it to stream video content to the
TV.

You wrote smart pc. was this a typo on your part?

That was my mistake, I meant smart TV. But if you look at the
thread at the point
of interest, it's clear we had been talking about smart TVs.
There was discussion about whether a smart TV used more power
than a similar non-smart TV. That was the context.
The term "smart PC" doesn't exist, but sorry for the confusion.