Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andrew Rossmann Andrew Rossmann is offline

Default TV not receiving Channel 2

In article , says...

Phil Allison wrote:

** Sounds like the UHF part of the tuner in the Toshiba has failed.

It would be helpful if the OP would give a city or zip code where they
live.

Here in Chicago, the local "channel 2" I beleive is still on a vhf channel.

They are digital 2 and 2.1 but the transmitter is either on the old channel
7 or 13.

People who install those uhf only antennas find out about that the hard way.

So it's possible the vhf side of the tuner failed or the outside antenna got
damaged somehow, the vhf channels would be the longer/longest elements.

In Chicago, WBBM 2.1 and 2.2 are now duplicated on WMEU 48.3 and 48.4.
That was probably done due to issues with them being on RF12 (VHF Hi)
and many people using antennas that are UHF only. WMEU is a low-power
Class D station, but it transmits from the Willis (Sears) tower and has
pretty good range.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WMEU-CD

law!!
http://home.comcast.net/~andyross