Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default My New Bosch Miter Saw Is Defective. :-(

On 2/6/2017 1:55 AM, wrote:
On Sunday, February 5, 2017 at 10:08:20 AM UTC-6, Leon wrote:

I have cut a lot of Hardie with a dedicated Sears circular saw and
with a diamond blade, no teeth. It works well but stirs a lot of
dust.

I am the only one here that uses a shear? I can't imagine using a
saw on cementitious board, regardless of manufacturer. I bought my
shear about 15 - 18 years ago and it still has the same blades. A
small learning curve, but no dust, nothing but little curly strips to
clean up, much faster than a saw, more accurate, much safer (no dust
mask needed)and very quiet, too.

I saw 1x4 trims, and that's it.

Leon... you have always been a "right tool for the job guy", so if
another cement board job comes along, I can't recommend a shear
enough.

Robert

I'll certainly look in to that, but geez I hope I never have to do
siding again..

So do they work on the 3/4" stuff too?