Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default Switchable Wall Outlet

trader_4
Mon, 26
Dec 2016 15:00:53 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

Plus most people are not spec'ing out there own house and having
it built. So, you'd be stuck with whatever the builder decided to
do, whatever corners they cut to save a buck, etc. And there
would be even more variation in what you wind up with from home to
home. All in all, I think code is a good idea, including the new
reqt to have a neutral at all switch locations. How many people
have been in here over the years with problems trying to use a
smart switch like X10 at a switch where there is no neutral? How
many man hours have been wasted finding out that they can't work
with an LED, CFL, etc? All that is solved with a neutral there
and it's no big deal to run when you're installing a new circuit.

I find myself in complete agreement with you on this. I'm all for the
neutral requirement too.

--
Sarcasm, because beating the living **** out of deserving people is
illegal.