Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Plumbers & Super Bowl

On 2/5/2017 1:01 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 5 Feb 2017 06:03:23 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

I did a butt last Sunday for lunch on Monday . 18 hours at 190° using lump
charcoal with a few chunks of cherry . Fell off the bone ... and also melts
in your mouth . Do you use a dry rub ?

Dry rubs on pork, I do. A very light coat of yellow mustard serves as
a "binder" and rubs stick for a better bark. The mustard doesn't
change anything or the taste. On beef just cracked black pepper and
kosher salt -- 2:1 ratio respectively.

Pretty much what I do, but a little garlic helps too, IMO.

Still too cold here to fire up the smoker though.