Posted to uk.d-i-y
Judith Judith is offline

Default Why do Tescos auto checkout machines always give change in (almost) the smallest amounts possible 5+5+5+5 = 20

On Sun, 5 Feb 2017 16:53:03 +0000, Nick wrote:

On 05/02/2017 15:39, tim... wrote:

"Nick" wrote in message
news
On 04/02/2017 21:40, franklinKite wrote:
Why do Tescos auto checkout machines always give change in (almost)
the smallest amounts possible 5+5+5+5 = 20

Dunno about Tescos but my Sainsburys just got Contactless/Android Pay.

Brilliant. Why use money?

because you spent more than 30 quid

I spent over £80 yesterday (Android Pay) and it was fine.
I'm not sure if that works everywhere. But it does Sainsburys & M&S.

Many people claim that there is a £20 or £30 limit on contactless.
There is not a blanket limit : it depends on how the contactless reader works.

I believe that Boots has no limit for Apple Pay.