Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default My New Bosch Miter Saw Is Defective. :-(

On 2/5/2017 9:46 AM, Brewster wrote:
On 2/4/17 12:16 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 2/4/2017 1:08 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
I pretty much decided if I ever get a cement board siding job, I'm just
going to buy a new POS miter saw and chalk it up as a disposable/rental
expense.

Harbor Freight has a super cheap CMS that I've heard actually performs
decently. I think it would be a good candidate.

On 2/4/2017 1:08 PM, wrote:
I have a Harbor Freight 10" for outside and construction jobs. I'll
have to reside one side of my house this spring but the Bosch will
stay in the basement.

Exactly ... picked up a Ridgid at the Borg, for under $200, Section 179,
expendable bucks.

I bought one of those cement siding specific blades (Hardie board) for
my Skill saw. Widely spaced carbide tipped teeth. Kinda spendy and the
teeth came off after maybe 20 linear feet of cuts. I went back to a dirt
cheap HF carbide blade, they last a long time and certainly a better
cost/benefit that the expensive blade.

-BR

I have cut a lot of Hardie with a dedicated Sears circular saw and with
a diamond blade, no teeth. It works well but stirs a lot of dust.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Skil-7-in-W...9-a3494cf06209