Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.antiques.radio+phono
[email protected] oldschool@tubes.com is offline

Default Why should someone replace ALL the capacitors on old Tube equipment?

On 05 Feb 2017 00:42:19 GMT, Jim Mueller wrote:

Wow, this thread has really taken off. It's almost like the old days of
Usenet!

I miss those days. The majority of newsgroups are either dead or filled
with morons or off topic political based fighting and name calling these
days. There were many worthwhile newsgroups that I used to enjoy, and I
wont even go there anymore.

I cant understand where everyone went. I know almost everyon has an
account with that miserable facebook these days (except me), but I cant
say I have ever seen any useful discussions on FB. For the brief time I
did connect to FB, what I saw was just a lot of links to websites
dealing with world affairs, and lots of rude comments about them. Or
pictures of people when they were drunk, with more rude comments.... Not
to mention the 20 or more ads on each page. The day when FB becomes the
entire internet, is the day I pull the plug. (And actually I cant even
use FB if I did want to. My only affordable internet access is still
dialup, because that's all there is in this rural area where I live, and
bloated websites like FB and most of the news media sites wont even load
anymore).