Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Plumbers & Super Bowl

On Fri, 03 Feb 2017 10:54:00 -0800, Oren wrote:

I hear the day after is a great day for plumbers due to clogged bowls.

I should have knocked on wood. Getting the smoker ready for a rack of
ribs today, I walked into the garage. Suddenly the water heater
sprang a leak. Not so bad this time because I had previously
installed a 3/4 turn ball valve on the water heater supply line. Lost
about a gallon of water on the floor. Got it turned off quickly and
went back to starting the ribs for a long, slow cook.

Oh well. I get a new water heater, some good food and I smell like
cherry wood smoke.

FWIW. Install a ball valve to shut your water heater supply line
rapidly. Do-Do happens. The toilet bowl still works great :-)