Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.antiques.radio+phono
[email protected] oldschool@tubes.com is offline

Default Why should someone replace ALL the capacitors on old Tube equipment?

On Fri, 03 Feb 2017 16:26:47 -0800, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

Sigh. My collection of test equipment looks more like a museum than a
working test bench. I also find myself fixing 40+ years old test
equipment as I do fixing radios etc. Looking at the old stuff, all it
does is make me feel old and tired.

Thats all I have too, and some of it has not been used in years and may
likely no longer work. I'm not looking to get heavily into this stuff
anymore. My eyes are not that good anymore either. I just want a project
or two so I have something useful to do indoors during these long cold
midwest winters. In the warm weather I am mostly outdoors working on
building stuff and fixing antique machinery. But in winter it's either
stare at the lousy programming on tv, waste a lot of time reading (a lot
of crap) on the internet, or do something with rewards, which means
restoring some ancient electronics. I'll never fit in with the current
cellphone/facebook crowd.....

---
I overheard a young guy bragging about his new Iphone. I walked up and
told him I had something better, AN EARPHONE!