Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default Right to repair

wrote:

"Ummm, try running Linux! No EULA at all, you are ENCOURAGED to browse
the

source code. "

I have a few versions of it kicking around here and have tried them. Too
many things to learn how to do on it for now.

Though I might be forced as my old XP and Vista (yuk) will eventually
quit. If you see me buying a new version of Windows please shoot me, I
mean it.

I have never paid for Windows except in a preloaded machine, and won't and
I have no shame about it. Every EULA says I am buying nothing so I'll give
them exactly what it is worth. Nothing.

If I live too long, Linux will be inevitable. I might have to take up some
hobbies involving very fast cars, lighter than air hydrogen aircraft and
the like. (I know how to make hydrogen)

My desktop at work once ran for about 480 days before a power failure
rebooted it. Typically, my desktops run about 100 - 180 days before there
is some need to reboot them. Have you ever had a crash on your Windows
system? I have had a few, when there were hardware failures, but they are
REALLY rare. I have a web server here that just hums along, even though it
is constantly attacked by various hackers. They haven't been able to get in
to do anything bad in ages.

Jon