Posted to rec.woodworking

Default My New Bosch Miter Saw Is Defective. :-(

On Sat, 4 Feb 2017 12:57:05 -0600, Swingman wrote:

On 1/30/2017 8:35 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

That's too bad. I always wondered about the stability of that saw with
all those connections and travel in the arm.

Myself. I took a close look at it when I was looking for another SCMS
exclusively for shop/personal use, since my personal, elderly Makita was
necessarily getting a lot of abuse on jobs.

I normally like Bosch tools, but was leery of the engineering just
looking at it, and worried that it might not even stand the test of
occasional off site use/abuse ... knowing that it's hard not to bring a
high performance tool out to a job site when precision work is required.

That old LS1013 has done a couple of Olympic class 1 1/2's off its
mobile stand and is still performing accurately, despite being
used/abused on site, including a few Hardie siding jobs which I wasn't
sure even it would survive if it was named Festool.

I have a Harbor Freight 10" for outside and construction jobs. I'll
have to reside one side of my house this spring but the Bosch will
stay in the basement.