Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default Nuclear energy production costs

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Sat, 4 Feb 2017 18:03:38 -0000, "tim..."
wrote:

"Nightjar" wrote in message
On 04-Feb-17 12:38 PM, mechanic wrote:
On Sat, 4 Feb 2017 10:21:44 +0000, newshound wrote:

The great ease of detection of small amounts of radioactivity is
one of the reasons you should have more confidence in this
industry than almost any other: you can't hide a leak.

Unfortunately that doesn't help you to fix it, eg Fukushima

The leak caused no deaths and no major exposures to radiation.
761 people died as a direct result of the evacuation.

I think you mean indirect result

tim

No, he said it correctly. The deaths were an indirect result of the
Fukushima accident, but a direct result of the evacuation.

the examples I found were people who died due to " The psychological trauma
of evacuation"

that sounds to my like an indirect result of the evacuation

a direct result of the evacuation would be being crushed in the rush

tim

--

Chris