Posted to rec.woodworking
Brewster[_2_] Brewster[_2_] is offline

Default table saw sleds

On 2/1/17 9:41 AM, Dr. Deb wrote:

I have made about three or four. The last one is the best. The one previous went with the TS

it was fitted to, when I sold the TS. The absolute best video on how to
square the sled to the blade is this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbG-n--LFgQ

As to your other question, I only use mine for crosscuts.

I have two Incra miter jigs that I use for all others (the one I got on
Ebay

had been dropped and is only accurate on 45degree cuts.

The other one [their 1000SE] is used for all other angle cuts.

The William Ng technique is excellent. Get the fence square with this
method, lock it down, and never worry about it again (until you
accidentally cut the fence in two).

I have the 1000 Incra, great product, but the miter bar really sucks for
my overwidth unisaw slots. I replaced the wear-prone nylon expanding
discs with a bunch of ball tipped set screws. Next time I'm just going
to get a steel bar machined to fit.

Having a dedicated jig for 45s that is dialed in is a real timesaver if
you do frequent miters.

-BR