Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Right to repair

"From things I have read it seems that some of the onboard computers are
getting to be about like the 'black boxes' on airplanes. There was some
talk of letting the police download the data in accidents to see what
the speed of the car was and other things. "

Years ago there was a politician who had a wreck and insisted on a sobreity test. There was speculation that he tried to kill himself but without a fit of morality I don't see why.

Of course it was all forgotten in a few days, as is the tradition here, but I have my own speculation. One of the reasons he insisted on the test is because the road was icy and I suspect he was going off the road and spinning his wheels trying to get back on. In such a case the black box would have reported the vehicle speed at probably 120 MPH or whatever when it was going maybe 40 MPH with the gas to the metal and the wheel turned toward the road.

There are at least a plethora of news stories about which I would like to see the followup. The problem is I guess you simply have to take names, literally. Like the doctor who filed for a variance on a gag act about discussing his nephrology patients' kidney problems brought on by fracking materials, I remember the name Rodriguez and that it was Pennsylvania where they judge pretty much told him to **** off, but to more easily get to the story I would have to remember his first name because he has a common last name.

It is impractiacl to save searches and also to bookmark anything because then you have 150,000 entries and can't make heads nor tails out of anything. so things get forgotten, like for example that Assad did not use the gas. Like a whole bunch of other things that get swept under the rug.

I know people who stupidly (well they are stupid) kept their dead Mother's body on storage for eight months. They did this because their Father was just ending a sentence in Utah and the one son had power of attorney though the Mother to dispense his affairs and he had PERS, which was a nice retirement. Well they got caught with eight UNCASHED SS checks of the Mother's and the news said they did it for her SS money. Now if they had done that, why would they be in possession of all the UNCASHED checks ? And her checks were chump change compared to his, but they had to keep that power of attorney alive until he got out.

I have seen many many other things and simply do not watch anymore. I sometimes watch the weather, and half the time that is wrong. world affairs, I will go to RT and PressTV first, then check it with the BBC and a few other places. I fact, foreign sources often have more precise coverage of US domestic issues though they put one hell of a liberal slant on it.

Like Australians, think we should take in all these refugees, but what do they do with them ? They keep them on an island ! Bunch of ****ing hypocrites. and now Trump got in an argument with their PM. So what ?

Yup, 1967 Chevy, 283 and a stick, even a three on the tree. you know three speeds had better gears than many four speeds back then. The smaller and stronger gearset did not deliver the ratios and taking off in first was like somewhere between taking off in second and third. so them you needed to change the rear end and then you are doing 4,800 RPM at 60 MPH. So now you need a cam and a bore out and more carbs.

I drove a bunch of them and I remember - "Did I just shift or not ?". Bunch of junk really. Yeah, you could almost never blow a Muncie, but you sure did want to. Boatanchor.

I wonder what these black boxes do with a stick shift. Like asking that blode "What gear were you i n at the time of impact ?", "Oh, Nikes and a sweatsuit".