Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Look165 Look165 is offline

Default Transformer Question

Next time, try to think before replying.

Only a stupid idiot would connect primary and secondary in parallel.

What I was meaning is to disjoint the two half-windings and put them in
parallel ON EACH SIDE.

The insulation in that casen is 240/2=120V
(170V peak to peak).

I have designed hundreds of transformers in my life (certified UL EN
etc..) and also planar transformers !

I realized several transformers for EDF (the French Electricity
Corporation), all of them compliant.

Phil Allison a écrit :
Look165 is a top posting nut case & troll e:

Exact !! But for me it was obvious

Well...not completely exact :

What counts is the magnetic flux seen by the 2 windings ; Since they may
not be at the very same place is might not imply the same number of turns.

** More complete ******** for a complete bullocker.

Generally, these winding are executed (manually or automatically) by the
"2-wire in hand" method.

** Not in the case of the 240V-240V windings, only a lunatic would wind them as a bifilar pair and rely on the enamel alone.

BTW:

You have no ****ing clue about the insulation needed for a 1:1 isolation tranny - do you ??

****ing tenth wit top poster troll.

.... Phil