Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default My New Bosch Miter Saw Is Defective. :-(

On Friday, February 3, 2017 at 2:18:36 PM UTC-5, woodchucker wrote:
On 1/30/2017 9:24 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Some of you may recall that I recently bought a Bosch CM10GD miter saw on
Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-CM10GD-.../dp/B00G5R4E9A

I spent some quality time with it this weekend and it looks like it is
defective. I called Bosch tech support this morning and when I described
the problem, he said to return it and get a new one.

Here's the issue:

http://i.imgur.com/sGJYoVf.jpg

If I leave the head unit down until the blade stops, it leaves that mark.
Every time, every blade. I tried the Bosch 60 tooth blade that came with
the saw, I tried a Dewalt 60 tooth Fine Crosscutting blade and a tried a
Diablo 40 tooth General Purpose blade. Every time, every blade.

It was not leaving that mark during my initial testing, so something
obviously happened since then.

The tech suspects that the blade is wobbling. He suggested checking both the
inner and outer washers and the face of the head unit behind the inner washer.
If I don't see anything obvious (I don't) then it could be the bearings.

In any case, I'm still within the 30 day return period for Amazon, so I'm
going to call them tomorrow, get a return authorization and request a
replacement.

Sucks.

Interesting that CPO now sells a reconditioned unit for $599 while
amazon is 549 for a new one.

Same with the 12".. I looked at them 2 years ago, and the cpo units were
100 to 150 less than new... so it's very interesting that the prices
have flipped.

--
Jeff

Whatever the price, I now have 2 of them! ;-)

UPS just delivered the replacment saw but they haven't picked up the old one yet.