Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Craftsman Radial Arm Saw Recall / Free Upgrade Kit

On 2/3/17 1:12 PM, wrote:
On Thursday, February 2, 2017 at 8:43:52 PM UTC-6,
wrote:
On Thu, 2 Feb 2017 17:28:45 -0600, Unquestionably Confused
Face it, RAS popularity is definitely waned. If it's working
good, you could probably get $100 to $125 for it without the
modification. If you modified it you could probably get the same
$100 to $125. Sell the kit for $75 and make some money. Just
sayin'

It was working well the last time I used it (some time before '93
;-).

Your statement does a very good job of illustrating how antiquated,
useless, worthless, etc. radial arm saws are now.

I wouldn't go that far.
I have a table saw with a sled, a really good compound miter saw, and a
radial arm saw.

The RAS is set up on the workbench, ready to use at all times with
dedicated dust collection in the hood and behind the fence. It's my
"go-to" saw for quick, perfectly square, clean cuts on any length stock
up to almost 16" wide and wider with a simply flip of the piece.

I would not want to be without it because of how convenient it is in my
shop, how great it cuts, and how it leaves virtually no saw dust in the
air.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)