Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Juniper wood

On 02/02/2017 10:50 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
I'm one of those lucky ones ... we've got 12 acres of oak and other
hardwoods . But I don't sneer , I grew up in Utahahaha where pine is the
predominant fire wood .

That's one of the things I miss about the east. There is a lot more
diversity, and that's a good thing in the woods. Around here it makes
species identification easy as long as you can tell a ponderosa pine
from a douglas fir. Throw in a few larch but they're easy; their needles
fall off.

There's a local Forest Service legend about a fast track easterner who
was getting his career ticket punched by a year at Nine Mile. "what are
all those dead pine trees?" he asked, looking up at a stand of larch in
the fall.