Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] ohger1s@gmail.com is offline

Default Do they still sell multi-part electrolytic capacitors?

On Friday, February 3, 2017 at 8:06:57 AM UTC-5, Phil Allison wrote:
wrote:

So Phil, does CE have a time machine that allows them to retrieve
thousands of these same exact cans to fill orders?

** There are not thousands of orders.

You know this how? Perhaps the Russians hacked CE's site and passed the info to you.

did you consider that
someone may have stuck the label on an old can and returned it to CE for
credit?

** No - that is absurd.

Old caps would have used solder lugs and bent support tags.

.... Phil

That's true, but you didn't have the opportunity to inspect it. Here, let me refresh your memory for you:

**A customer had *built* a clone of the Fender Princeton Reverb amp. He purchased the cap along with other parts including a stainless steel chassis from the USA. The amp was delivered to me in May 2013 suffering from loud hum and motor boating - since none of the electros inside the can worked.

Since the amp was delivered to you already built and suffering from hum and motor-boating, you did *not* see the capacitor's lugs or twist tabs before your customer installed it. Oops....

And for you last suggestion to me, let me just say that while it's physically impossible to accomplish, it's nice to see that if nothing else, you still have your warmth and charm at least.