View Single Post
  #30   Report Post  
Posted to rec.woodworking
external usenet poster

Default My New Bosch Miter Saw Is Defective. :-(

Not every piece of manufactured goods comes out of the box correct. I had a 10" single bevel MS that did that, and man you should have seen how it acted up on bevels. Regardless, if the saw will only hold to 1/32", you are doing the right thing to send it back.

I sent my back, too. I cut 5 1/2" wide pieces of cab ply to true it after that was discovered, and I did everything I could think of. Reoriented the blade, put the keeper nut on in a different rotation when tightening, etc.

Finally I wired the blade guard back and held a pencil next to the teeth and rotated it slowly with the blade tightened on the shaft. Where the blade touched the tip of a tooth (actually it was two), I marked it. Loosened the blade, rotated it 90 degrees, and the marks when right along with the new orientation. Local DeWalt repair shop told me that he didn't know if the inside collet was pressed onto the shaft, or if the shaft was actually part of the motor.

In any event, after I showed him what I had done he pronounced it "unfixable" and gave me a new one.

The point being, probably doesn't matter at this point what the culprit might be, just move on.

Robert