Default Contractor has to see you AND the wife????

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 09:50:40 -0400, Trent©
wrote:

In most states, you and your wife are both equal owners of your
property. You (or your wife) cannot sell the house...or even put in
on the market...without the other's signature.

So...

If he comes out...and only one of you is there...he has absolutely NO
chance of making a sale when he's there. If both of you are there, he
MAY be able to make a sale...even though you don't want to buy at this
time. So why should he waste his time on a definite no-sale?

But you are missing the point since he is not coming to buy the house
and neither you nor you wife intend to sell it - your argument is
lost!

There have been occasions when either my wife or I have contracted for
materials and labor for things related to our house INDIVIDUALLY with
the other not being a party to the contracts (in three states). Your
point is missing the target - the "Traveler" is looking to make a hit
and run!