Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_4_] John Grossbohlin[_4_] is offline

Default table saw sleds

wrote in message ...

On Wed, 1 Feb 2017 22:04:35 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard
wrote:

I don't know what he used, but I've used Kreg's and Incra's metal runners
with success. But the ones I like the best are the plastic ones. Do a
search for "UHMW runners".

Peachtree sells piles of UHMW in all shapes an sizes. It's pretty
easy to work.

I've been buying large plastic cutting boards at Wally World and using them
for various projects... easily available and inexpensive.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays...Board/13397990
Approximately 11/32" x 15" x 20"

I hadn't considered using them for runners on my sled but that is an
appealing idea as the fit of the wooden ones changes with the humidity.