Default Beware of Driveway Sealers Ripoffs

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 03:39:56 GMT, 'nuther Bob
wrote:

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 21:44:02 -0400, wrote:

You seem to forget about oxidation which hardens the asphalt and
increases the chance of cracks, chemical absorbtion that weakens
the asphalt and of course water seepage that will expand a small crack
into a bigger one if the water freezes.

There is more to sealing than cosmetics.

So how come those of use in the freeze thaw states don't see every
parking lot out there being sealed.

Many do. It's a choice the owner of the lot can make.

The only time I see it is when
they are looking to dress up the appearance or move the parking
space alignment. Otherwise it doesn't happen. Must be a big secret
that it's so effective - they don't even share it with businesses
who could buy the service.

Maybe it's a cost they are not willing to pay at the time.. A phrase
comes to mind. "You can pay me now, or pay me later"

There are parking lots that have crack sealer applied to the major
cracks, just like the roads. No surface sealers.

Bob

If they were smart they would use crack sealer along with seal-cote.